We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
301 Newbury St
Danvers, MA 01923
Phone: (978) 774-9819
Fax: (978) 774-5356
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Store Location in the Danvers Plaza Shopping Center. Celebrating 20 years in Danvers!
• Flocks of nighthawks can be seen late in the month.
• Turtle eggs hatch.
• Fall warbler migration begins.
• It's a good time to plant grass seed because germination is better in the fall due to warm soil and reduced weed problems.
• Newly-planted trees over 6' should be staked to prevent top from bending in harsh winter. Pine bark mulch also helps protect roots.
• American Goldfinches finish nesting late this month.
• Mark open garden spots with rocks to help place new flowering bulbs.
• Phlox, Asters and Goldenrod begin to bloom in August and last until September.
• Most Chimney Swifts and Purple Martins are gone by end of month.
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month.