Choosing the Right Birdseed for You!
Choosing the right food can attract the birds you desire into your backyard!
- Some birds can be very fussy about what they eat.
- Others will eat whatever is available.
- However, you can still get some undesirable visitors.
- When feeding blends, some birds will pick through the seed and only eat their favorites, which can be costly and wasteful.
- Much of the mess under your feeder, (and there will be a mess) will be spilled seed.
- Using a feeder with a tray beneath your feeder can prevent waste and reduce the mess.
- We sell seeds and blends that are already out of the shell, reducing the mess under feeders to a minimum
- Spreading seed like cracked corn, near your feeders should help to keep away unwelcome visitors likes squirrels and larger birds.
- Investing in a squirrel-proof feeder, (ask about our “Eliminator”) is a smart choice.
- Choose the seed or blend of seeds that you will use in order to attract the birds that you are interested in the most.
We have put together some informative videos that explain the different birdseeds and blends available at Wild Birds Unlimited and how to serve them.
Enjoy the videos so you’ll be better educated to make an informed choice. We at Wild Birds Unlimited love to bring people and nature together!