- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Christmas Bird Count is this month, birds.audubon.org/christmas-bird-count
- Watch for Sharp-shinned and Cooper's Hawks feeding on birds in your backyard.
- Hibernating mammals have disappeared by now.
- Chipmunks, skunks, opossums and raccoons may still be active.
- Keep water open for the birds with a bird bath and heater.
- Great Horned Owls are pairing up this month – listen for their "who" calls.
- Decorate a tree for the birds. Pick a tree in the yard and decorate with edible ornaments for your feathered friends.
- Geminid Meteor Shower is mid-month.